What will I do when I retire?
For some people, planning for retirement comes easily; they’ve had a vision in their head for many years of what they’d like their retirement to look like. But for others, trying to picture the future is an altogether more difficult task.
Very often, people come to us:
- Wanting to plan for retirement but feeling confused and overwhelmed
- Tired, bored or burnt out at work
- With a sense that time is running out to get a plan together
What is it you truly want from life in the years ahead?
This is one of the first questions we ask clients when they access the Santorini Retirement Lifestyle Programme.
Whilst entering retirement can, and should, evoke a sense of liberation and excitement, it can also bring on a sense of lost identity. No longer having the routine and focus of work leaves a large gap in your life, which after 30 or 40 years of employment, can prove hard to replace. Key to ensuring you’re excited and not anxious about filling that gap is a period of lifestyle planning before you retire.
Life planning is the human side of financial planning and it is a crucial, but often neglected, part of retirement planning. Taking the time to think your lifestyle requirements through before you make the transition, will not only help when it comes to your finances but will also help you emotionally adjust to the transition ahead.
For these reasons, we start every Retirement Financial Plan by thinking about YOU and what you want from the next years of your life.
Who we work with
We want to be sure we can provide the standard of excellence and service that our clients deserve. That’s why we are careful about only working with those clients for whom we can provide our very best work.
That means the Santorini Retirement Lifestyle Programme won’t be right for everyone.
Our clients work with us because they value a long-term, meaningful relationship and an extraordinary, personalised service. They engage us to help them achieve goals and aspirations that mean something in their life. And that is what we always strive to deliver.
So, if you have less than £100k annual household income, or you’re just looking to buy a product (say a pension, an ISA or some life insurance) we may not be what you need.
Our services are best suited for those who:
- Are 50 – 60 years old
- Are company directors / senior executives / partners in a professional practice
- Business owners, or
- Are widowed
- Are preparing for retirement
- Have a good lifestyle and want to protect it
- Would like some professional and personal guidance on how to help you get the best from your life with the money you have
Mostly, we meet new clients at a crossroads in their life, when they are looking to make changes or overcome worries about the future.
If you’re unsure whether our services are right for you, get in touch and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.
How we can help
As a Registered Life Planner®, I understand the importance of establishing your life goals before starting to talk about your money.
As part of this, I will help you answer key questions such as:
- Are you are retiring ‘from’ or ‘to’ something?
- Do you simply want to scale back a bit?
- Would you like to give up work completely and do something else?
- What are your priorities? Do you want to deepen your relationships and spend more time with your family? Or do you finally want to achieve those dreams and ambitions that remain unfulfilled?
Using the Santorini Retirement Lifestyle Planning methodology, we can connect the dots between your financial realities and the life you want to live. We can create a truly ‘holistic’ plan. With a lifestyle financial plan in place, you will feel empowered and free to enjoy the next phase of your life.
client since 2014